You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Back to my air leaks

Ok so I went up front to those 2 tanks and found on top of the tanks fittings that and looks like 1/2 inch plastic line. So are the check valves at the tank or amount the fittings? One needs to be a snake to get at them! Also what is the contraption under the tanks with fans? Maybe coach air?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

The front air brake tanks look like the rear primary supply (wet) tank. The check valves are located on the top of the cylindrical brake tanks in the front. The unit with the fans is the dash air condenser unit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks Michael.

I did find the mess on top of the tanks, what a job it will be to get at them.

So is the check valves that need to be replaced at the top of the tanks? That would be easier than having to take out the mess of fittings where the lines junction.
Also can this be done with the air bags holding the coach up?

Currently the coach is staying up and level and the gauges show no air pressure. First time in a couple years for the coach air bags to be not sagging! 

What a job for someone when they built the coach.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I would always have the coach cribbed before removing any fittings while under the coach but the air bags should continue to hold their pressure. You plumbing is somewhat different than mine.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

valve is at the top of tank.please crib coach before getting under it.

1995 # 390

valve is the one with the single line attached.image 5 of your post.at least on mine anyway.enjoy the blood that is sure to spill during the process

1995 # 390

SO I tried and no way this guy is gonna get this buggers out. Not enough room to swing a wrench. Nobody said you must drop the air tanks which seems to me the only way to get at the fittings. I will have to hire this job out.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I used a crowsfoot wrench.I jacked the coach up high enough to on my knees and stick my head in there.Was not too difficult but pain and blood was involved.oh yeah, I am not real smart so you should be fine.

1995 # 390

OK, I'll say it, yes, I had Newell replace mine once and Tom's mechanic replace it the other time. It is easier to lower the tank to get to the check valves.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

So the truth comes out.
Michael, how long did it take newell to do the job?
Would be good if I knew which part to buy so as to have them in hand for whoever does the job.
Would they all be the same size thread or is it best to wait till they are out to match up?
Keith, if you are in the area you could come by and show me how, that is I'll let you do it while I watch.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.