You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Back to my air leaks

Update:
Reading previous threads and Steve lead me to check the passenger side water bay dump valve. Using the kids bubble stuff I found several small leaks. One was the solenoid that controls the dump valve, another was a T for the 1/4 inch tubing which has compression fittings. Just tightened that one. And the tank in the wheel well which I installed a pull drain showed bubbles. I replaced the pull drain with a plug. So now the air still drops but not as fast but still need to make it better. Will chase after other possibilities another day but glad to have made a difference today. 

Thanks for the help guys.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

This is the part that keeps developing air leaks.    

Does anyone know what the safety valve rating on the 110 volt compressor should be? I was gonna replace it but after taking it out there was no identifying markings.
Reason for replacing is because after replacing the governor a while back which was 10 lbs higher going to 135 I herd the safety valve on the compressor pop off. Yes I know, how can the safety valve pop off when it is on the other side of the compressor and which means that the coach air was making it's way through the 110 volt motor. I bought a new check valve to put in between the 110 compressor and the main air. That could be another leak source but sprayed that yesterday and no bubbles. But the air still should not be draining back through the compressor. Seems to be the season for check valves.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

The 120v compressor on my 93 coach turns off between 90-100 psi and has no separate safety valve. If you know the brand of your compressor you may be able to find on the Internet the max pressure. My 93 coach has the governor set at 125 psi with the safety relief on the "supply" tank set at around 140psi.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

There should be a "water well pump switch" somewhere near the 120vac compressor. That is adjustable if you remove the cover.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have that switch which is adjusted to about 90 lbs on the high side. I just wanted to make sure I had replaced the original safety valve with the same rating. I suppose the plug I have in it now would do but why is a pop off valve there?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I just read the service bulletin included with the modulator. They recommend replacing it every 12 months / 50,000 miles. Maybe the 2-3 yr +/- air leak development is not so bad after all.

Clint, does that go into the transmission air shifter? If so, I need to check mine to see if I need to replace it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Safety valve should be set at 125 lbs. it's purpose is to
Protect the airbags

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

.pdf shift mod.pdf Size: 658.97 KB  Downloads: 5

Here is .pdf of the service bulletin. Modulator actually inserts into the side of the transmission I think.  I have not personally crawled under coach to do this repair. Have always had someone else do it.  Last time the S&S technician stopped at our house & took him about 5-10 mins to change it out with the coach in our garage.