You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Back to my air leaks

Thanks Richard I will get a 125 lb replacement.

So I installed a new check valve on the 110 volt compressor and it made a big difference in air loss. That was this am about 9:30
and it is now 2:10 and the pressure is down to 45 from 100. Wondering where the blue plastic line coming from the 110 volt air compressor goes to. Anyone know. I would like to check that fitting where ever it is connected.

Feeling better about this air problem finally. From constantly loosing my air from my brake tanks fixed with new check valves to finding a few small fitting leaks in the passenger side water bay, to my 110 volt compressor having a bad check valve now fixed.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Yep, there is no magic bullet for air leaks. Methodical works.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Regarding max air pressure on air bags, the Firestone PDF that I just reviewed states a maximum of 100psi uless stated otherwise for a specific bag. For my bags I could not find a higher pressure noted.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

So I found another what I would call a significant leak at the ball valve that let's air in the spare oil tank. Leaking at the lever. So I tightened the flange nut under the lever and that stopped the leak . So now to see how long the air stays or not but I can add another leak fixed to my list.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Still chasing a pretty good leak.
Does anyone know if the wet tank has a check valve?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Mine doesn't

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I believe the closest thing to a check valve would be part of the recycle valving in the dryer. Neither of the two Newells I've had had any valve between the dryer and the wet tank.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

So where does the air go that is made from the 110 volt compressor? The wet tank?

When the wet tank fills what keeps the air in the tank and not bleed back through the compressor?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Yes, to the wet tank

There should be a check valve very close to the exit of the 110V compressor. As should there be some sort of mechanism to relieve the pressure on the compressor so it doesn't have to start against a high pressure.

Air leaks are so much harder to diagnose than electrical problems. If you suspect air is leaking out the 110V compressor. Disconnect the air line at the compressor and dead head it. Crank the engine and build air pressure. Compare the leak rates with and without the compressor connected. That will answer your question.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I replaced the check valve coming out of the compressor which needed replacing. So when I run the compressor it takes a long time to go from 0 to 100 lbs so I figure there is a large area having to be filled like maybe the wet tank. But if that is the case I know the air is not coming back through the compressor so it is some place else. The pressure shows on the supply gauge so where is the supply air held?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.