You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

FMCA accepting 5th wheels/travel trailers

With almost 70% of the members that voted recommending approval (my vote was on the losing side), the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) is now going to be accepting owners of all self contained recreational vehicles including 5th wheels and travel trailers. I would assume that now the advertisements and articles will be focused as much or more on towed trailers as motorhomes in the future.

Apparently a name doesn't mean much anymore.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/12/rv-tra...le-owners/

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(12-02-2017, 10:59 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  With almost 70% of the members that voted recommending approval (my vote was on the losing side), the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) is now going to be accepting owners of all self contained recreational vehicles including 5th wheels and travel trailers. I would assume that now the advertisements and articles will be focused as much or more on towed trailers as motorhomes in the future.

Apparently a name doesn't mean much anymore.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/12/rv-tra...le-owners/

I'm in agreement with you Michael.

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Yes I agree... I've been a member for 20 years. Membership has been dwindling so they see this as a solution. As indicated by the number of new T Trailers sold there are a large number of younger families becoming involved.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

i did not renew our membership this year. couldnt see any benefit to it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have been a member since 1982. I knew two of the founders. Both had converted their ole GM and Flexible buses. They would not be pleased with this development. I agree that the benefits have dwindles over the years. Trip Routing, Pinch Hit Drivers and etc. are about gone. The magazine is all that is left. Nice article on Newell this month.

I have been a member for a bunch of years (membership number 111700). However, I understand that financial survival meant adding more folks so I have no problem.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

As I look at it, this will have a tremendous impact on Class A only RV Resorts who traditionally used FMCA rules as vehicles accepted for admission. New Class A resorts will become trailer parks. Just an old dude thinking out loud. FMCA 90003

When I first joined 20 years ago, I was impressed with their magazine. Now, it is about as thick as a comic book. I got quite a few jobs from clients on their forum.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]