You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Spontaneous actvation

I have yet to turn on the aqua hot zones and this morning when I woke up the center zone pump was making a weird noise and was running. I verified none of the zones were on but it appears to have possibly burned up. Even with the aqua hot off it continued to pump.. I cut the wire to it and will investigate more this afternoon  in a bit

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Basement thermostat is calling for heat which is supplied by zone 2 pump.

Upstairs fans will be off as not connected to basement thermostat.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

That thermostat is in the bays?

Marc Newman

Basement thermostat is in or near the utility bay.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

Marc, mine was doing the same thing last week and Rudy saved my "bacon".

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Some place I read the the Zone 2 pump is the mixing pump and it runs most of the time.  Don't remember where but may have been in the Aquahot manual for my 96.

Steve and Ardys
2006 Newell #783

My understanding is that the mixing pump is called while the diesel burner is running. It does not get called when just the electric element is on. Of course, if zone #2 is triggered, it would also run then. But for the purposes of operating as a mixing pump, it is only called when the burner is running.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Hmmmmmm, Rudy can clarify, but I believe that some models of the AH activate the mixing pump while the burner is activated, and some do not.

And of course, no two Newells are exactly alike.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

When the basement thermostat calls for heat, Pump 2 and the basement fan coil(s) are energized. Pump 2 loop includes Zone 2 which is normally the bathroom. So, the fan coil(s) in Zone 2 will become warm but the fans will not turn on.

Plumbed this way on all models and years.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

Update , the leak was on the fitting on the pump side of shut off valve where the fluid exits the tank. The solder had busted again. I took a short piece of heater hose put it over the fittings and clamped it at both ends. Leak is stopped . It also gives the entire manifold a little flex. This is the 3rd time in 4 years the solder has broke. Hoping the flex in the system will eliminate breakage. Now to replace the recirculating pump for the preheat it has shorted out due to the leaking fluid.

Marc Newman