You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Retracting awning

I have a smalll awning about 3 feet wide over my entry door. I have a front entry. Due to rain I had it out in an attempt to cover the entrance during the rain. After returning and the temperature suppose to get below freezing, I decided I would retract the awning.. as a warning to fellow gurus don’t stand on the down hill side of the awning. It results in a rather chilling, but refreshing unexpected shower.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Once again the wisdom gained by experience is generously offered to fellow gurus. Thx, Marc!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Marc, sorry to hear about the surprise shower, but........ you wouldn't happen to have a video would you?

Wink

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

(12-23-2017, 11:32 AM)pestes Wrote:  Marc, sorry to hear about the surprise shower, but........ you wouldn't happen to have a video would you?

Wink

Probably not , Paul . Maybe video a re-enactment???? B-)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Let me add a little more excitement to the story. It was about midnight and we had already gotten to bed . When my wife realized she had left her purse in the car.. I actually ran outside in boxers. When I realized I needed to retract awning. So I was almost au natural

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc does not have the market cornered on new discoveries. 

We just finished the grandparent Christmas tour which happened to be in the land of cold. The heaters ran continuously for a week. 

The discovery was that the water pipe that supplies the rear toilet and the heater hoses that supply the bathroom heater are in very close proximity to each other. 

Well, say you, do tell how you discovered this most amazing fact.

I installed a bidet attachment last year on the rear potty. It's called the parts washer in the inner family circle. It takes it's water supply from the water supply that feeds the potty. Up until now, the water is always cool. In fact, if the bathroom heater is in use, the water going to the bidet, and of course, exiting the bidet will become extremely HOT in seconds. Not warm, HOT !

Just sayin...........

Happy Holidays to all, I hope you are spending it with your family.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ouch that sounds like one of those moments in life when you think.....why wouldn't I thought of that before Smile

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Richard, please... no video ...we’re good!