You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New one for me, constant beeping under 25mph

I was leaving the house this morning and had a new oddity pop up. In order to get out of my driveway I have to turn on the leveling system and raise my coach as high as it will go.  Once out on the street I turned off the leveling system and the chime stopped but a similar but quieter chime continued to until I reached 25 mph. All day since, as soon as i drop below 25 it starts and continues until I'm back up to 25.  Any Ideas?

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Another thing that will chime is the tv antenna. Possibly it is up enough to chime under 25, but then the moving air holds it down. Just a guess with limited info.

Can you tell where the chime is coming from?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Is your tag axle switch in the center position? It will chime, also.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Sometimes Dumb-ass is a real hindrance to life Smile. I think you may be on to something Steve, I raised the tag to make it easier to get out of the driveway.  I had never done that before and didn't think to reset the switch after stopping to take Dianna on board, she assists in making the turn.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Don't beat yourself up Jack, you're now a member of a very exclusive club

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I did the same thing, couldn't air up all the way, couldn't reach travel height either! Glad you found it.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

And to the winner.................................................    

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

we were in an rv park in montana. as we were pulling out everyone was looking at us. i just assumed it was the incredibly cool looking 90 newell i was driving......until i stopped at the office on the way out and saw that i had not put the generator in from checking the oil on it. it was fully extended......

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Not the first bone-head move I've pulled and I'm certain it won't be the last.  Life is good, nevertheless.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide