You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to Forum cknuth

Hello - what an excellent site! Access to this community has helped to solidify my choice of Newell.

I'm currently having 1999 #515 inspected prior to purchase. Looks very good, but the tires are 2005/2006. No 365 modification has been done. What brand of tires would I prefer to put on this coach, assuming I don't do the front tire upgrade right away?
Thanks!
Chuck

Welcome aboard. You might want to investigate the fmca advantage program with Michelin

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I believe you will be happier if you get a load range higher than you need according to axle weight. The extra load capacity will provide extra insurance against blowouts & other tire failures.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Chuck, if you have ever had a front tire blowout on a motorhome, you would not put 315s on the front, even new ones. If you search this forum, you will find that maintaining 130 psi is essential and reduced speed recommended by Newell. To me it is like not having insurance, you may get by with it, but again you may not. As to tire brands, I will only run Michelins which can be purchased through their Advantage program. These are my opinions and other may not agree.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester, I appreciate your insight - you've persuaded me to do the 365 change now, since the coach needs tires anyhow. I've also learned that only the fronts are currently 315s, with the drivers and tag being 11R24.5. Which Michelin is best for the 24.5 tires? X® LINE™ ENERGY Z or XZE 2™ or something else?
Thanks to all for your input. Haven't made a decision to buy yet pending fluid analysis.
Chuck

Just so happens I purchased some Michelin tires today.  The X Line Energy tire has replaced the XZE 2 series that I was using. There are some XZE 2 tires out there though. My new ones had late 2017 dates.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531