You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot plenum 12v blower motor

Under the heading of "No Two Newells Are The Same": My AquaHot blower plenum is mounted totally differently than Tom's. My plenum did not have the metal box that was riveted to Tom's blower. Mine is just mounted inside a large wooden box that has access to the air inlet under my entry steps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

now i see what you meant. mine was for sure totally different in how they installed and mounted it. same basic unit, just modified. after talking to you, i just couldnt see any way of just changing the motor without major disassembly. now i see why.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I changed the wiring around and now I have High & Low. I like it better. Thanks for the help!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I've been reading this problem with a lot of interest, as I'm going through my heating. So far I've found 2 blown motors under the sink. Have them ordered no delivered yet. First off I wanted to make a remark on the size of my fuses on AH unit, mine are all 10 amp ? My second concern is with the NuHeat, which I think warms the marble floor. I don't know how cold it needs to be before it comes on. I don't know where the fuse is. Since it is 110/220v I would think I would find it in the rear. I checked the amp meter over by head at the driver seat, it didn't move when my wife turned it up. I have unit 516 I noticed a lot of you have numbers close, do any of you have the NuHeat? I'm going to start the bedroom heater next and then the one up front. Thanks for all the help.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

hi bob,

when you say blown motors, do you mean the two little fans on the back of the whisper unit?

i replaced them as well and their is an entire thread about it and where i bought them (like ten bucks apiece)

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-aquahot-wh...eater-fans

tom

(04-11-2013, 03:02 PM)encantotom Wrote:  hi bob,

when you say blown motors, do you mean the two little fans on the back of the whisper unit?

i replaced them as well and their is an entire thread about it and where i bought them (like ten bucks apiece)

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-aquahot-wh...eater-fans

tom

Hi Tom
Yes I mean the 2 motors were blown or didn't work anymore. But they were the two little fans on the whisper unit. I have not checked the bedrm one but it looked about the same size. I payed $19.98 on ebay.
BOB

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

the little fans are easy to change.

no need to take the unit out. there is 4 screws holding each one in place.

tom

Hey Tom
I did mean the two little fans on the back of the whisper unit, but I mean they were not working or were blown. I bought them off of EBay for $19.98

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

!st. stage was to fix the 2 whisper fans in the kitchen area, since I had tested them and found 12.5 volts so something must be wrong with the motors. I ordered 2 new fans from Tom Hanlon on EBay, $19.98 shipped in from CA. Before we put everything back we checked to see if they would work, you guessed it, neither one of the new motors would work. We called Tom, after telling him the story he had no answer, but he told us to try one thing before we sent them back, and that was to take them outside to the real source. We checked all 4 motors and to our surprise all worked just fine. As most of you Gurus know it takes more than volts to turn a motor (amps) of which we didn't check, We assumed if we had 12.5 volts all was ok. Now onto the next phase while waiting on the shipment to come in we took the plenum blower motor out and it worked also. We went back to read all of the Gurus suggestions again. Found the one from Steve Magow and when I took the relay off the burn was in the same spot on the base. Now here is the kicker, I have all 10 amp fuses, none were blown, not only that all of my motors worked when I hooked them up direct to the battery. I know that since I have it apart I might want to replace it with a new one, but my thinking is if all of the motors are working then what is the real cause of the problem. Could it just be a weak spot in the relay? I bought 2 relays and one base and I'm hooking it up as it was, just to see what happens. Is there anything else working from this relay?

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Couple of things.. Load.. maybe, more likely corrosion on ground wires to the coil=poor contact causing arcing within the relay. My best guess since under sink.

Jimmy