You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A brand new source of air leaks

Here is the conversation that happened two years ago....Same problem.

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2065

One of the pictures shows a diagram that does not have the supports.

Also, Newell has done all the work on the airbags (prior to Richard)....they never said why they thought they were failing.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Just to add a little to the mix. It was amazing to me but the airbag will seal airtight when inflated fully. And deflate when the coach is lowered below travel height. That behavior is consistent and repeatable.

I had one of the old airbags off my coach which has the same model number. The center plug on that air bag is 1/4 inch recessed from the bottom plane of the outer ring. On both of bold air bags the plug is flush with the bottom plane of the ring

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just to add information and breadcrumbs for future readers...

Goodyear has sold / licensed their airbag business to STEMCO. The Goodyear number for this airbag is 1R11-066. This is what is on coach now.

I have a call into STEMCO Airbag customer support 1-800-321-6091. They will attempt to get engineer to call me.

The bottom structure is different between the Goodyear / STEMCO and Firestone bags. On the Goodyear there is simply a pinch ring. On Firestone, there are additional lateral supports and bolt holes.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama