You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Passenger Recliner

joe, did you use the crack filler that is part of the leatherique product line?

darlene and i are this week working on the leather in our coach. the last two days we have used the rejuevinator cleaning it each day before putting more on. next we are going to try filling cracks and redyeing the areas that are needing it. going to experiment first with the removeable drivers seat cushion for dyeing.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I used the crack filler. The trick was use a little at a time and use anplastic scraper to immediately remove the excess. Give that a day to dry, and repeat until the crack is gone.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-09-2019, 05:09 AM)Richard Wrote:  I used the crack filler. The trick was use a little at a time and use anplastic scraper to immediately remove the excess. Give that a day to dry, and repeat until the crack is gone.

Ok thanks I will order crack filler it looks beautiful

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

tonite i cleaned, used green scotch brite pads and 600 grit wet dry sandpaper with the dry prep cleaner on the bottom and back of the drivers seat. my isri seat allows you to take all the leather pieces off as they are just clipped and screwed on.

i just did my first coat of crack filler using a credit card edge to apply with. will sand it in a half an hour and see if i need more.

tomorrow we will try dyeing them.

if it doesnt work, then i will just recover the seats.

the rejuevenator really softens and cleans the leather.

tom

joe i ordered two jars of crack filler. i am finding out once jar is enough to do about a hundred coaches....ha so i have one for you if you want.

tom

A couple of other things I learned along the way with this process. The surface will be a bit stiff for a while after you apply the dye. It will soften up over time. And, the longer you can stay off it after the dye treatment the better.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-10-2019, 09:34 PM)encantotom Wrote:  joe i ordered two jars of crack filler.  i am finding out once jar is enough to do about a hundred coaches....ha   so i have one for you if you want.

tom

Tom I will buy it we might take a ride this week will give you a call.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide