You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear Slide Issues

All,
Our 08 Newell was at Motorhomes of Texas for some service and remodeling. The day we went to bring the coach home it developed rear slide problems. The rear slides would not retract. Therefore, we left the coach at MOT. Motorhomes of Texas contacted both Valid and Newell. The final diagnosis was that one slide needs a new bladder and the other needs new bearing/s. MOT has or will transport the coach to Newell Coach.
What should we expect from long term reliability of these repairs? Is this the beginning of long term/on going slide issues? Is this a permanent fix or just a patch? We have owned three other coaches and this is the first one that has had any slide issues. Very disappointed with this issue.
Thanks in advance for any and all commitments.

Reese

(02-03-2018, 08:43 AM)rcantrell52 Wrote:  All,
Our 08 Newell was at Motorhomes of Texas for some service and remodeling. The day we went to bring the coach home it developed rear slide problems. The rear slides would not retract. Therefore, we left the coach at MOT. Motorhomes of Texas contacted both Valid and Newell. The final diagnosis was that one slide needs a new bladder and the other needs new bearing/s. MOT has or will transport the coach to Newell Coach.
What should we expect from long term reliability of these repairs? Is this the beginning of long term/on going slide issues? Is this a permanent fix or just a patch? We have owned three other coaches and this is the first one that has had any slide issues. Very disappointed with this issue.

Reese

I had problems with one of my rear slides not retracting, The panel showed the seal defeating and vacuuming, the longer alarm then sounded as normal when the slide retracts but it didn't move.
It turned out to be just a dry joint in the slide control panel in the locker. just had all the connections checked and been ok since. bearings are quite common to need replacing from what i learnt when trying to solve my problem!
Cheers
Rob

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

(02-03-2018, 09:18 AM)rwg200 Wrote:  
(02-03-2018, 08:43 AM)rcantrell52 Wrote:  All,

Reese

I had problems with one of my rear slides not retracting, The panel showed the seal defeating and vacuuming, the longer alarm then sounded as normal when the slide retracts but it didn't move.
It turned out to be just a dry joint in the slide control panel in the locker. just had all the connections checked and been ok since. bearings are quite common to need replacing from what i learnt when trying to solve my problem!
Cheers
Rob
Rob,
Thank you for responding to my question about the rear slides. Newell had to replace the fill tube on slide #3 and the 12VDC actuator on slide #2. I feel lucky that the financial damage was not as bad as it could have been. The original estimate was a concern.

Reese

Reese,

Glad to hear that Newell got you fixed up for a much lower cost than expected...that is always great news!

Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

(02-10-2018, 12:53 PM)valento Wrote:  Reese,

Glad to hear that Newell got you fixed up for a much lower cost than expected...that is always great news!

Oscar

Oscar,
Thank you for your comments.  There was a significant difference between the original estimate and the actual cost of repairs. They completed the repairs on both slides in one day.
Reese