You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to site

One advantage to Newells is that they are designed as a coach so you might find that it is easier to access those items that need servicing/replacing.
Good luck in your search.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

We also looked carefully at Prevost H and Newell in your age range. Both seemed like good options.

Things I liked more about Prevost H:

1) Better basement.

2) Monocoque construction.

3) Superior/quieter generator implementation (enclosure).

Things I liked more about Newell:

1) Designed for "living first." This manifests in a lot of small ways, some that I could only sense but not even put my finger on consciously -- and probably still can't! But the space/volume is just better, and the standard cabin layout is more refined and with more usable storage.

Put another way: if I were doing long driving trips with lots of stops but for just a few weeks at a time, I think Prevost is the better fit. But I am planning to live in this thing full time, and the Newell feels more like a home.

2) Redundancy. I mean, they just pile it on everywhere, to where it still makes me laugh when I see another example of it. Okay, maybe some of it is unnecessary. But I still like the philosophy.

3) Service/company. The factory and service folks are amazing. The price is equally amazing, but the value is there. The 24/7 phone support is excellent, and I have tested it pretty extensively so far (unfortunately!). I like small companies with focus, especially when I get to be the customer.

4) Layout flexibility. For some reason, a typical Newell floorplan is easier to modify extensively, which is something we needed, since there are no coaches with one master bedroom, a single bunk sized for a child, and a enclosed "office." I'm sure there are Prevosts with floorplans conducive to similar changes, but it was really easy to see how to retrofit our requirements into a lot of Newells.

5) Price.

Good luck with your search!

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO