You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Anyone headed to Germany?

I'm told this converts to around $70k.  And check out the bathroom!

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Luxus-Wohnmobil-...Sw3YNXZaog

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Nice looking 1982. For those who don't want to bother with the Germany to English translation it basically reads:

"This iconic "Timecapsule" was built in elaborate handwork on customer request in 1982.
Newell is the most expensive US RV maker ... who only manufactures to order! ... the vehicles are nicknamed "Million Dollar Coach"
which usually is not enough today ...... ;-)

This Newell is an American icon and is increasing in value every year!

New campers are made of plastic and guarantee a loss in value of 50% in the first year of purchase .... ;-)!

This coach has everything you need ... ..and more ... ..Diesel generator, Icemaker, freezer, air conditioners ... ..usw ... separate shower with bath .... Central vacuum ... ... and the powerful Detroit Diesel 6v92 with over 360PS ... .. Automatic and Servo ...
This combination of aluminum bodywork and bulletproof "Greyhound Lines" Detroit Diesel "(makes loosely more than a million miles!) ... is a motorhome for generations ... and by the way ... these classics only go up in price ...!

Top speed more than 150km/h (93 mph)!!!

Very well maintained and ready to use
H-approval possible .... Tax about 180 € ($222) per year!

As of 3/5/18 69,000 euros is about $85,200.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(03-05-2018, 10:44 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Nice looking 1982. For those who don't want to bother with the Germany to English translation it basically reads:

"This iconic "Timecapsule" was built in elaborate handwork on customer request in 1982.
Newell is the most expensive US RV maker ... who only manufactures to order! ... the vehicles are nicknamed "Million Dollar Coach"
which usually is not enough today ...... ;-)

This Newell is an American icon and is increasing in value every year!

New campers are made of plastic and guarantee a loss in value of 50% in the first year of purchase .... ;-)!

This coach has everything you need ... ..and more ... ..Diesel generator, Icemaker, freezer, air conditioners ... ..usw ... separate shower with bath .... Central vacuum ... ... and the powerful Detroit Diesel 6v92 with over 360PS ... .. Automatic and Servo ...
This combination of aluminum bodywork and bulletproof "Greyhound Lines" Detroit Diesel "(makes loosely more than a million miles!) ... is a motorhome for generations ... and by the way ... these classics only go up in price ...!

Top speed more than 150km/h (93 mph)!!!

Very well maintained and ready to use
H-approval possible .... Tax about 180 € ($222) per year!

As of 3/5/18 69,000 euros is about $85,200.
Thanks for the translation !

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

When did Newell start putting the eyebrow over the windshield?

This coach gets me nostalgic for the 77 coach I used to have, beauty and a beast.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Same "marble" laminate that we have in our bath! (Our '81 has the eyebrow.)

The eyebrow appears to have been introduced in the 1981 model and continued through the 1989 model. I don't have any photos of a 1980 model with eyebrows or a 1981 without them. However, there could be an exception out there that I have not run across yet.

I am still looking for a photo of #317, a 1993, which was the only Classic built after 1989 (#212) But I suspect it had eyebrows also.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Looks are similar to our 74. We have updated headlights but the body and paint are similar. I would love to find individual window shades.

Nice looking unit.

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.