You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Source for coach filters

For those of you who do your own maintenance I have been using an online source for all my filters for over 5 years. I have purchased all the filters for the engine, trans, hydraulics & air dryer. The best thing is that if you order over $100 they deliver FedEx free to your door. Take an old receipt & compare what you paid with what they charge--in my case the savings was about 40% to 60%. The web site is www.filterbarn.com. I have no interest in the company other than being a satisfied customer. If you find a place that sells cheaper please let me know.

Hope this saves you some money...........

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

since steve told me about them i use them as well. they are fast, cheap and easy.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I used them for my last air filter......$120 shipped. Paid over $300 for the first one. Thank you Tom and Steve....I don't know of anyone who sells for less.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

When I ordered my filters from the Filterbarn, and elsewhere, I ordered two each. My first full service was performed by a Detroit dealer, but I am sure he would not have had all of the necessary filters in stock, and there was not problem with me providing oils and filters.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Last month I ordered an air filter & muffler from filterspro.com. Freight on BOTH was +/ $35.
The Donaldson air filter was $87.52.

Fitlerbarn wanted $164.20 for a fleetguard, but freight was included.

I guess it varies by product ?

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

it must, i will check both places next time. my series 60 air filter was under 100 bucks from filterbarn.

thanks gordon,

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Gordon,
Many times the big diesel air filters are made by the same company--Ecolite. I get a Fram air filter for under $90 and it says right on it Ecolite, just like the one I saw Newell put in Tuga's coach. While I like Fleetguard filters, I'll op for a less expensive brand like Fram, Donaldson or LuberFiner to save a few bucks. I have always found these company's filters to be of similar quality. I like to save money on similar products so I'll check your web site source too.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I went over to the FilterPro web site. I did a price comparison on some filters that I commonly order. FilterPro beat Filterbarns price about 50% of the time, so you'll just have to weigh in the shipping to you from Tucson, AZ. Most of FilterPro's filters are either Baldwin or Donaldson, although they sell others.

Gordon..................thanks for a new site!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531