You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Genset exh slip joint

Genman,
Those that know me know I am pretty picky on stuff I use on my coach. I wouldn't use anything that leaves a mess. I felt I got a better coating all the way back than brushing. The can had a fairly forceful, yet contained spray. I'm actually not sure a longer straw would help that much as I was able to target the spray pretty well.

If your coach has the 110V air compressor mounted on the left side of the genset, your access might be restricted enough that a longer straw might be useful or even necessary. I would think getting a longer straw would be possible. I don't have a source, but just about anything can be found if one looks hard enough.

Since gensets are your profession I would appreciate your opinion if you get a chance to use the spray.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, I will take a picture of the device I rigged this morning and post it later today. Worked great.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Attached are two photos of a simple device I bolted together which enabled coating the generator exhaust slip area with anti-seize paste. The angle of the brush made it easy to coat all of the pipe surface. Hope this helps someone.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

That looks good! I'm going to make me one to supplement the spray.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Chester,
Where did you find the paint brush with the 45 degree bend? Or did you bend it?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(01-29-2013, 04:41 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Chester,
Where did you find the paint brush with the 45 degree bend? Or did you bend it?

A dish washing brush works great and has good angle!

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I had the brush in my box of brushes, so no idea as to where I bought it. However, I would think that any Ace Hardware would have something like it.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

The picture is pretty much what we use and it has worked adequately however I like the idea of the dish washing brush!
Steve, after I pick up an aerosol can and try it out, I'll let you know how it works out. Thank you for the tip

Gordon

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567