You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HDMI cable in Slide

I am going to attempt to run an HDMI cable from the front upper cabinets (over the driver) to the front slide where our couch is (our TV is behind the couch on a lift).  What is the best way to run the cable so that it does not interfere with the slide mechanism?  Do I need to go into the bays?  I'm going to get an HDMI cable of about 25ft so I should have plenty of length... (?)...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(03-16-2018, 01:58 PM)pairodice Wrote:  I am going to attempt to run an HDMI cable from the front upper cabinets (over the driver) to the front slide where our couch is (our TV is behind the couch on a lift).  What is the best way to run the cable so that it does not interfere with the slide mechanism?  Do I need to go into the bays?  I'm going to get an HDMI cable of about 25ft so I should have plenty of length... (?)...

You may need to amplify that HDMI cable due signal lost. I had that problem at my home HDMI setup. I do not own a Newell, unfortually; so I cannot answer that first question you have.

i run 30 foot all the time and have no issues. just my experience.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

In the upper right hand corner behind the valence, you will find a cable track mechanism that runs in and out with the slide. All the other wiring for the slide is already in that track.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(03-17-2018, 07:03 AM)Richard Wrote:  In the upper right hand corner behind the valence, you will find a cable track mechanism that runs in and out with the slide. All the other wiring for the slide is already in that track.

Thank you Richard!  I will check this out today.  Tom was saying there were a bunch of relays for the stereo system up there also - will give me a good chance to figure out what is what.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

richard is not talking about that valence.  he means the valence on the slide.  and btw, my cable flex mechanism is on the far left hand side on mine.  i had to replace it.  

the key is getting the cable up the wall to where the cables go into this.  also getting an hdmi cable that is flexible enough.  like some of the slimline ones, then making sure they can handle flexing alot.

when i ran new cables front to rear in mine, i did it on the other side of the coach.  but i wasnt going to the slide. 

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom! I’ll check it out - my day got sidetracked buying PLANTS for the patio at the new site in Austin (you know, priorities!)... it makes Karen happy so...

Karen & Adrian Abshire