You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Does anyone have Epoxy Garage floors where they store their Newell?

hi all,

at some point i will have an rv garage. i love the look of the epoxy garage floors with the colored chips in.

what i would like to know is how those type floors hold up to our 50,000 pound newells going in and out on them.

anyone have any experience with these floors and super heavy traffic on them like our coaches?

thanks

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom I had two very large hangers one for Jet storage and one for maintenance. Both were coated with a seven coat epoxy process without the chips, similar to my garage (which had chips) in Scottsdale. Never had a real problem, even with skydrol. Which will eat the paint off most things. Maybe a little tire marking in the hanger, which cleaned off.

Jimmy

jimmy, i dont think the average garage floor process is 7 coats though is it?

i remember how great looking your floor in the scottsdale house was.

you dont think the wheels of the coach would rip up the chips at all?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I don't believe so because there is two coats of clear over the chips. I used jack stands and service jacks in the SDL garage with no problem.

Jimmy

I had my garage floor done with the epoxy with chips about 2 years ago. I certainly can't get my Newell into it but I have had excellent wear out of it. I had concrete paint on the garage floor in my previous house in the 1980's and it was TERRIBLE. Worse than just leaving it bare. The multi-coat epoxy was one of the better improvements I have made to this house.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Tom,

My employer uses Stonehard for the cleanroom floors. Bullet proof. But as others have stated it's about a five or six step process, and it's not cheap.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

So Tom, will this RV garage have a guest spot?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337