You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Roof sealant

The roof of my 2009 uses a black sealant to both attach items like the awnings, satellite dish, etc., and to seal the holes for wires through the roof. I know I'm going to need to change some wires, so what is the sealant?  It feels almost like a rubberized epoxy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mick & Renee
2009 Newell 45’ 8” #1277, C15 625HP 12-speed ZF
Full time working and traveling. 

Feeling like rubberized epoxy sounds like a polyurethane sealant. Quite common in the states. Sika makes good ones.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I need to rework some roof penetrations for Newell 1503.  Did you find out what the factory black sealant is?  Thx, Bob…

Dicor also makes various sealants specifically for RVs.

https://dicorproducts.com/product/self-l...-sealants/

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Self-Leveling DICOR is the "standard" for roof sealant across the spectrum of RVs.

It's available in different colors...

BLACK:
https://amzn.to/43IHyk4

WHITE:
https://amzn.to/42MzmxV

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thanks so much for the replies.  I’ll get some.  I didn’t know if Newell used anything special.   I’m used Dicor self leveling a couple times in the past.  Thanks again, Bob…

[attachment=12001 Wrote:Bmacrc pid='60008' dateline='1687113090']Thanks so much for the replies.  I’ll get some.  I didn’t know if Newell used anything special.   I’m used Dicor self leveling a couple times in the past.  Thanks again, Bob…

Well, if you're wondering what NEWELL uses for sealing around doors, windows, stainless, etc. it's this stuff. Hard to find. But, the biggest factor that I'm always concerned with...on a roof...is the best for UV resistance.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

(06-18-2023, 01:43 PM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  
(06-18-2023, 11:31 AM)Bmacrc Wrote:  Thanks so much for the replies.  I’ll get some.  I didn’t know if Newell used anything special.   I’m used Dicor self leveling a couple times in the past.  Thanks again, Bob…

Well, if you're wondering what NEWELL uses for sealing around doors, windows, stainless, etc. it's this stuff. Hard to find. But, the biggest factor that I'm always concerned with...on a roof...is the best for UV resistance.

Got it.  Thanks Steve.  I ordered a tube from Bass Cat Boats.  i've also got some Dicor self leveling coming.  I have a vent fan I would like to reseal and a few other areas.
Thanks for the UroFlex info.  I like to keep a coach as original as I can (if the original was quality).  Thx, Bob...