You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

WARNING about an additive

So I am not so sure about additives anymore after doing some research especially about Biobor JF which I have been using.

I found a pdf stating that Biobor JF was not for (on road use) It also states all kinds of hazardous warnings when handling it. 
And if not mixed just right it could cause solids. 

Biobor-JF-00001-20140508.pdf

I have ordered some from amazon and are now trying to cancel but it says not returnable so I sent a notice to amazon and a copy of the pdf. Amazon should not be selling this product to the public. 

So do we with the older diesels need to be concerned about fungus, old and lubricity? What a market for all this stuff.
If the pdf won't open I will try to send a link.

Brad

Try this link.
https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_sea...140508.pdf

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad,
There are many opinions on fuel additives. I brokered for Central Petroleum Company for years starting in the late 70's. They have been a well established reputable company catering mainly to farm and industry. I have used their lubricants and fuel additives in my diesels for over 30 years. I believe that diesel engines, especially older ones can benefit from lubricating type additives. Not all diesel additives contain lubricants. Here is a link to their web site.

http://www.cen-pe-co.com/Products/CenPeC...tives.html

I receive no compensation from them at this time.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I checked out the info. I would like a concentrated amount of what I would use.
The CP treats 200 gallons for $15. Not sure if they have a more concentrated container.

For years I used transmission fluid and noticed almost all the smoke disappeared. but not sure about it's effectiveness overall.
I would use 1 quart per 100 gallons. Never a problem. But hard to find old mans recommendation of mercron/dextron2 type .

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I looked at Biobor web site. It is a very low dosage and probably very effective as a microbicide. I am not a chemist but I would guess that is why the epa warnings are hazardous. It is a microbicide with very little "carrier". I would be dubious about how much lubrication is provided at the low dose. The trans fluid would provide lubrication which can aid in valve and ring sealing but it will not provide microbicide. The treat rate for the Power Flo Klenz that I use is 1 qt./100 gallons. I think it comes out to .10 cents / gallon of treated fuel. I have no reliable way to measure MPG differential but I justify the cost by assuming some MPG increase and the fact that I have never had a filter/ pump/ injector issue using treated fuel.
Stanadyne makes a fuel additive that is widely available and maybe cheaper to use. It does not "test" as well as the CP products but may provide what you need.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Where is power Flo klenz sold?

Is there any newellies out there with classic coaches that only runs ulsd with no additives and had no problems?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Typically Central Petroleum Company sells through local representatives. If you call the number on their web-site and tell them what you need they are very easy to deal with. They can probably UPS direct to you if there is not a local rep in your area.

I've been using Howe's Diesel Treatment for about 5.5 years now. I'm not sure how well it works, but I just feel better adding something to the low sulfur fuel. The only thing I've noticed is the engine does run a few degrees cooler, and my mileage has increased very slightly. Additionally, when I first bought our 1982 Newell back in March of 2008 it used a quart of oil about every 8 hours of operation. That has steadily increased to about 12-13 hours of operation per quart used. Not very scientific, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Well I talked to a rep from Biobor, he assured me that everything was safe and that Biobor is used/aproved with many major companies including Detroit diesel. When I asked about the verbiage on the EPA document his answer was anything but clear to me.
I did briefly look over the documents and from an ordinary person's stand point one would be impressed. I am pasting the link he sent me, see what you think. I don't want to bad mouth anyone unintentionally.
http://www.biobor.com/approvals/approval...fications/

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.