You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Beautiful '03 2 slide

Any one looking for a nice '03 with 2 slides? Has a price to dicker from. Coach # is 642

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Re...chMethod=1

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

That coach is listed with Steve Bennett's California Coach Co. Steve only lists coach that are 100%. Anyone interested in this unit will find it in A-1 condition.

Your right Steve it is a beautiful Newell.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I do not see that it is much different from my coach which cost much less. Am I being irrational?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

That's the nice thing about Newells, there is one for every price range!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Mine was a little more two years ago, but with ultra low miles, 2 baths and several factory upgrades. No buyers remorse here.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

(12-26-2012, 06:04 PM)tuga Wrote:  That's the nice thing about Newells, there is one for every price range!Smile

And a whole lot of them, out of most everyones price range!Smile[/size]

About two weeks ago, Tela (my wife) and I spent some time at California Coach. We spent about an hour looking at this '03 Newell. The exterior paint is very nice. The interior is in nice shape and has not been abused.
Steve is selling it for a lady who recently lost her husband and no longer has a use for it. I didn't spend much time inspecting the mechanicals or the maintenance records as my main purpose was to see if Tela would be happy owning a Newell. She really likes the XLII and has been after me to buy a Prevost for some time now. I keep telling her about the exterior stainless panel delaminating problems on them but I don't think she yet understands the seriousness of it.

Although we would prefer a Newell with the rear bath and half bath in the hallway, this coach is a very good candidate. Two slides in a Newell provide plenty of room to stretch out. Also, Steve does not have this coach way over priced. Some negotiations may enable a person to buy this coach at a fair price.

The only negative Tela saw with this floor plan is the long narrow (one person at a time) hallway between the kitchen and bedroom. But that long narrow hallway is not unique to this Newell floor plan. We owned a 2000 Wanderlodge LXi that was the same way. I know... providing the needed appliances such as a refrigerator on one side and a washer/dryer on the other plus providing ample closet space doesn't leave much room for a wide hallway.

Chuck Millsap
2004 Wanderlodge M380

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

Chuck,
If you haven't already, you might want to read this thread on delamination on XLIIs. There are a lot of unhappy campers. Prevost only shares in the repairs for 10 model years, then it is all on your dime. The job takes 7 weeks to complete.

http://www.prevostcommunity.com/forum/th...eadID=1011

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(03-05-2013, 06:03 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Chuck,
If you haven't already, you might want to read this thread on delamination on XLIIs. There are a lot of unhappy campers. Prevost only shares in the repairs for 10 model years, then it is all on your dime. The job takes 7 weeks to complete.

http://www.prevostcommunity.com/forum/th...eadID=1011
I have read all the threads and information combined that I could find on the subject. I really have reservations about the XLs with the glued stainless. If I weren't that concerned I would have already bought this one (link below). It is a good $100K below the going price you normally see on Prevosts. Steve ( California Coach) and I spent a lot of time discussing the Prevost delamination problem. He does not think it is as big of a problem as I do. He seems to think that some coaches have the problem, some never have the problem and some have one or two panels that are fixed at a very nominal expense.

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=59353

Chuck Millsap
2004 Wanderlodge M380

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

I had noticed over the last few months that H-3s had gotten more popular, and XLIIs prices were dropping. I didn't know why. Now I do. Delamination is very expensive to fix and unless you go back to rivets there is no long term guarantee that a fix is final. I too was amazed by the price of the Prevost you linked.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531