You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell #377 1995

For sale on RvTrader. Owner from San Antonio, TX. 
Ad says:  The engine is a Detroit Diesel Series 60 DDEC with 470 hp.  It has the Allison HT 471 electronic transmission.  The generator is a 20 KW turbocharged diesel unit with power to spare for your buddies.  The generator exhausts through the roof.

Anyone know this coach and/or owner?
We like what we see.  Priced high for a 1995?

Thanks.  Shy Idea

Anyone know anything about this coach?

(04-20-2018, 05:07 PM)Newbie 1 Wrote:  Anyone know anything about this coach?

You might want to ask Newell Guru "Hotrod Hornet".  His brother owns it.

(03-20-2018, 05:58 PM)KNewbie 1 Wrote:  For sale on RvTrader. Owner from San Antonio, TX. 
Ad says:  The engine is a Detroit Diesel Series 60 DDEC with 470 hp.  It has the Allison HT 471 electronic transmission.  The generator is a 20 KW turbocharged diesel unit with power to spare for your buddies.  The generator exhausts through the roof.

Anyone know this coach and/or owner?
We like what we see.  Priced high for a 1995?

Thanks.  Shy Idea  

I think it’s priced about right
  Nice coach
FYI 
I have a 1995 so I could maybe not be impartial

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

(04-21-2018, 04:05 AM)dkarb Wrote:  
(04-20-2018, 05:07 PM)Newbie 1 Wrote:  Anyone know anything about this coach?

You might want to ask Newell Guru "Hotrod Hornet".  His brother owns it.

I went on the test drive with them. So I already put in my 2 cents.

Paul and Sherry Schneider
1994 newell coach 366, 38 ft with a 8v92 ddec 2

How did the test drive go?

Any help on how to get the manuf specs on this one. 

We are trying very hard to make this one ours. 

It appears the selling family is very well experienced with mechanicals, and buses overall.
Very important, since I'm not, and this would be used as a family coach a couple/few times a year. 
Younger family, so budgeting and extensive repairs would be difficult. 

Appreciate any help on what to expect from a Newell of this vintage.  We like no slides, less to worry about!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Not sure what you mean by manuf specs. Could you be a little more specific. No two Newells are exactly alike. The late 1994 and early 1995 Newells were built during a transition period. #377 was at the end of the transition from the Detroit Diesel 8V92 to the Series 60. #374-376 appear to be the last Newells built with an 8V92. #377 was also one of the last Series 60 Newells with the Allison HT 741 which Newell had used for years with the 8V92 as Newell transitioned to the Allison 6 speed transmission. This period also saw the end of the transition to AquaHot and all electric coaches. #377 has the rather unusual (for Newell) side aisle, mid coach private bath layout. Back in 2004, it had Primus Heat, which was an LP version of AquaHot type systems. It has a 240 gallon fuel capacity, 173 gallon waste, 168 gallon fresh water and 67 gallons of propane. It is 45' 0" long and, as with all 1995 Newells, has the Ridewell solid front axle.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael -

The information your provided is what I meant by specs.  This is very helpful. Thank you!
I could not tell based on your info if #377 has Primus or acquahot or neither and is all electric?
I'll follow-up with the owner - Brian.  Clearly, all electric would initially seem easier from a maintenance perspective, yet wiring and connnections, etc. can also be challenging on a 20+ year old unit.  
Also, we do not expect to be in parks, based on size, more likely initially overnight boon-docking.  

All others - anyother experiences with a '95 is items to be conscious of?
This is would be a very big expense for our family, so we want to be smart.  
Like all of you, we expect to use a lot, but if actual experience is different, want to be able to continue to fully maintain so when we sell this experience is not a significant loss. 

Thanks.

The information I have indicates that as of 2004, #377 still had the Primus system (LP heating). I do not know if that has changed since then. As of 2015 it had a propane cooktop so, no it was not all electric. It does have a 20KW Kohler generator and a residential side by side refrigerator.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(04-29-2018, 10:40 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  The information I have indicates that as of 2004, #377 still had the Primus system (LP heating). I do not know if that has changed since then. As of 2015 it had a propane cooktop so, no it was not all electric. It does have a 20KW Kohler generator and a residential side by side refrigerator.

Thanks Michael!