You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Green as grass, but eager to learn...

Thank you, Dave...we grew to love the XLII look, as well. I would have loved a 2006-2008, 1.5 bath, mid-entry Newell, but this made the most sense, and we're very excited. The funniest part is that my wife, who was a bit tentative through the research phase, is actually more excited than I am! Cheers...

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Congrats on the new coach & happy trails in all your travels

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

We're due to take delivery on Friday, so I spent our last coachless weekend prepping for her to be comfy when spending time in our driveway...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert

you will love it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Looks real nice, I’m sure you will enjoy it, I haven’t read online about your coach, but I do remember reading the XL2 had lots of issues of what they call delamination when they had problems with there side panels they glued on where coming loose, just check that out if you haven’t already, it may of already been fixed. Otherwise enjoy.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Well, the time has finally come...we are in possession of our first ever RV/coach. While I'm, obviously, a total newbie, I've learned so much about coaches from this forum and others that I'm surprising myself with my understanding of things. As a result, the orientation was not as overwhelming as anticipated.

Last evening, I finally got behind the wheel for my first driving lesson, and it went great. Austin from Olympia Luxury Coaches drove about 25 minutes from the store to an industrial area. He started a U-turn in a HUGE cul-de-sac, and stopped halfway through...he looked over at me and said, "Okay, you're going to finish this turn." So, I strapped in, and did just that. Then, we spent 20-25 minutes tooling around various cul-de-sacs in the industrial area (which, ironically, I later learned was near an office of TN driver license testing). We followed with a bit of local road driving, and, then, 18 miles into a stunning sunset on I-24 back to the store for more industrial park turns. 60 minutes of seat time hardly makes me seasoned, but it was a great start. Austin said I did wonderfully. At one point, when I asked him how I was doing, he said, "You're in perfect position in the lane...exactly where I like to drive. Trust me, I wouldn't be in this seat leaning back and all relaxed if you weren't doing perfectly."

We've been staying in the coach since our arrival Thursday evening, and we plan to depart mid-day on Monday, so we're getting to know our way around. We love the coach even more in person than we did in pictures, and the team at Olympia has been fantastic.

Thanks to all gurus for allowing me to be a little part of your world and for the insights you have provided in the journey to coach ownership. See you on the road...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert

Sounds like fun. Keep telling us how it goes

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH