You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leak dripping in underneath bay with Inverters

I have a leak that is dripping into the bay with my inverters on a 2004 Newell coach 680.  The water is following the electrical wires as they come into that bay.  I cannot find any water or wet spots within the coach.   The grey water by pass was on but the cap was closed.  I am trying to see if when the water dries up if it leaks again with bypass off and tank open.  

However even if that works I am concerned that there is a lose connection somewhere in my grey water line that may be a slow leak without the water backing up.

I am at the dealership picking up the coach and discovered this during shake out.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to look or possible causes is appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob & Di Mills 
2004 Newell Coach #680

Does the coach have roof airs? The water from the roof ACs may be routed through there. When I added a roof air to my coach, Newell routed a 1/2" water line on other side of wall from the inverter. I would go to top of coach and see how the ACs are plumbed.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Ac was not running but thank you

Rob & Di Mills 
2004 Newell Coach #680

(03-26-2018, 01:04 PM)SwankyWheels Wrote:  I have a leak that is dripping into the bay with my inverters on a 2004 Newell coach 680.  The water is following the electrical wires as they come into that bay.  I cannot find any water or wet spots within the coach.   The grey water by pass was on but the cap was closed.  I am trying to see if when the water dries up if it leaks again with bypass off and tank open.  

However even if that works I am concerned that there is a lose connection somewhere in my grey water line that may be a slow leak without the water backing up.

I am at the dealership picking up the coach and discovered this during shake out.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to look or possible causes is appreciated.

Thanks!

sounds similar to my leak. I have 660 and the ice maker water line had a crack in the line and was spraying all over the place. Unfortunately I hadn't pull the fridge out to find and fix the leak.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Water is so tricky because it will wick into crevices.

Two things to help you find your leak. Water doesn't like to run uphill. Blue shop towels are great because they change to darker blue when wet.

I stuff them in different places until I find the source.

You say the bypass was on, but the cap was closed. You didn't mention if any appreciable water was used during that time. How much water ran out when you opened the cap? If the bypass were open, meaning NO water from the shower, sinks, washing machine goes into the waste tank, then water would accumulate in the drain pipes until it could have possibly reached one of the anti siphon vents or the washing machine drain.

Check underneath all your sinks for a antisiphon vent close to the P trap. https://www.google.com/search?q=anti+sip...021JNnus3M:

You should check there for wetness.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Make sure it is gray water not fresh water. We had a leak that took 2-3 years to finally find. Had to replace fresh water supply to ice maker, that helped. Then added sealing to shower wall/floor pan, not much help. Finally found that the "fill" line on the ice maker had cracked. Did not find it until it had completely failed. Water would pool on floor when ice maker was cycling is how we finally found it. There is no pressure on that line & it only carries water when the ice maker cycles for a "timed" fill. Replaced line & fixed the problem. We have also found some fresh water connections that have loosened during travel once in a while.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.  The leak continued during the drive home.  Today while fueling I found it leaking into that bay as well and while I was fueling the wife was washing her hands in the bedroom/vanity sink.  My thoughts at this time is it is down to either the sink or the refrigerator.  My plan is to investigate tomorrow now that we have made it back to Florida.  I am currently in Florida near Pensacola.  Does anyone know of any repair shops that are familiar with Newell’s?  To let us get on the road to Florida the dealership has agreed to cover the cost of repairs.  I was hoping to find a good shop in NW FL lower alabama or acroos to Biloxi. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rob & Di Mills 
2004 Newell Coach #680

You might try Chris Jones in Zephryhills.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I second Richard’s vote for Chris Jones. He has a very small shop but knows Newells and is very meticulous in his approach. I think his company name is Precision Coach Works.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

On my 1998 I had a leak that was showing up in the rear passengers wheel well as a wet spot through the insulation. Turned out to be the faucet in the toilet room was leaking. Changed out the cartridge and that resolved it. Like said before leaks can migrate a ways before revealing themselves.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337