You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Introduction

(03-26-2018, 10:47 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Welcome Bob,

Michael is THE expert on what features were available for which years.   I wish that I had held out for a steerable tag (mid 2004 and newer), AND a washer and dryer.  My coach was owned by a racing team (we call them race coaches) and it did not have a WD.  Thought that I would not miss it but I do.  The other thing that would have been nice is a bath and a half.  I have mid bath which is entirely behind a slide door to the bedroom.  If someone stays with me in coach on the sofa / hideabed they have to open the door to use the bathroom.  Bath and a half solves this problem.

At the end of the day...it is all personal preference.

Good luck on your search!
bill

Bill,

We agree with you on both the WD and the bath and a half. Both are show-stoppers for my wife, Carolyn. In my brief exposure to Newells, however, I've discovered that the use of "bath and a half" doesn't necessarily imply that there are two commodes. There appear to be several combinations of shower, vanity and commode configurations, all of which can be referred to as bath and a half. A word to the wise.

Bob

Bob, great observation on the bath and a half designation. We too frequently 'assume' that means a rear bath with a toilet, lavatory and shower and a mid bath with a lavatory and toilet. Most of the time that is the correct interpretation but since Newells are custom designed, an individual buyer may have requested a configuration that drops the rear toilet. I have seen this more often in configurations with the center island bed. I have also found that many ads are posted by folks that don't know what they are talking about and make some pretty outrageous claims such as listing the wrong engine or transmission, wrong number of slides or other fairly obvious errors.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com