You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash mounted parking brake valve

I have the steering column removed at the moment and think it might be  the  perfect time to replace this valve  which has a small leak on the push pull shaft. I think the valve might be a generic  item.1 inlet, 1 exhaust, and  2 outputs. The 5 words that get me in trouble "how hard could it be?" Is this job as,simple as it looks? Please save me from myself.....

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

i replaced mine. common item. it should have some wiring on the back as well

no big deal

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Make sure you drain all the air from the system including the brake tanks or you’ll get a little dust off when you take the fittings loose

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Oh, and chock the wheels! Smile

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Be sure to take pics and make notes on how everything comes apart. That way if you get hung up waiting on parts for a couple of days, you will not have to rely solely on memory as to how it goes back together.

Good  advice.  Did the same on the steering  column teardown.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

your braking system should require 80+ psi in the system before the breaks will release ...... but that being said it never hurts to be safe

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

(04-10-2018, 04:23 AM)Richard Wrote:  Make sure you drain all the air from the system including the brake tanks or you’ll get a little dust off when you take the fittings loose

Thank you for that. My wife would have loved it though?

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

(04-09-2018, 08:06 PM)encantotom Wrote:  i replaced mine.  common item.  it should have some wiring on the back as well

no big deal

tom
Tom, could you please share the part# of this parking release valve and the place where I can purchase from? 
Thanks!

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MBIKN200...lsrc=aw.ds&

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )