You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Gen slide stuck

Just tried running my generator slide out key in acc park brake set slide went out a few inches now when I try to move it sounds like it's trying to move but won't go in or out stuck out about 2 inches

Make sure you have air pressure on the coach......... Our coach works on an air ram if you have air in the system it may be a seal in the slide ram itself ............

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

Did you pull the "lock" handle out and hold it out while sliding the generator? It is the one located right by the palm valve which operates the generator slide. Also, on ours, we still have to give it a slight "assist" by hand once in a while to get it moving.

roger, yours is a 2001 right? my 2002 has a hydraulic slide for the genny. there is no lock handle for it. there is a pin that hydraulically comes down when the genny is all the way in. if it is not coming in or out and is hydraulic, is the hydraulic motor pump coming on when you are pushing the extend or retract toggle switch?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yes the pump motor comes on and I can hear the relays . It went out and I stopped at about 4 inches then I retracted it and it stopped about a 1 1/2 out. It is hydraulic I can see the lock. Pin hole from underneath so I don't think that is holding it when I let off the switch you can here fluid returning

Is the reservoir low on fluid?

Going to check fluid in the morning when I run all of the slides in . I see 2 release knobs on the hyd lines in the drivers bay do you know what they are for.

you can check the voltage on the hydraulic solenoids on the block in the drivers side front bay. they should be labeled

if there is 12v at the open or close solenoid, then it is something hydraulic or it is stuck on something.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Not labeled but found that there is no power going to the solenoids ran a jumper wire to the lower outside solenoid and the gen came in under pressure the hwh control box is clicking but no power coming out going to wait till I get back to home base also the 110 compressed is not working all the time it looks new maybe a power issue with both. This thing should keep me busy been in storage for 2 years but runs great