You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shop air connection

Finally got my shop air compressor hooked up.
Was very xcited to be able to air up the coach prior to starting engine.
Would be nice to be able to open the door.
Well not so fast!
Air hose connected but no air goes into coach?.
Is there a valve somewhere that I am not aware of??

Guido,

Where did you connect the air? There are two different places that most Newell’s have air ports. Towards the front of the coach in the engine bay is typically an air chuck that is a source of air FROM the engine / compressor. And towards the back of the coach is a second air chuck that is used to air up the coach.

We are talking the curb side of coach all the way in the back.

As far as I know, there is not a valve on the shop air chuck but there is almost certainly one on the supply port.

Hope this helps!

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

my coach has two air ports in the passenger side engine bay. one at the back and that is the one to hook into to use shop air and i have my shop air hooked into there all the time. that said, you do not want to pressurize it up to much higher than 125psi. my shop compressor will do 175psi all day long, so i regulate it down to 125psi. this air port on mine does not have a valve.

there is a second air port at the front of the rear engine bay. it is valved and is an output for the air doubler that is installed. you do not want to use shop air there.

i carry a small regulator with short hoses on it to pressurize the coach from other peoples shop air if needed

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(04-12-2018, 12:36 PM)Guido Wrote:  Finally got my shop air compressor hooked up.
Was very xcited to be able to air up the coach prior to starting engine.
Would be nice to be able to open the door.
Well not so fast!
Air hose connected but no air goes into coach?.
Is there a valve somewhere that I am not aware of??

Yes, on my coach there is an on/off valve about 12" in towards the engine from the shop air and high output hookups.

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit