You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New member here 83 40' Newell Classic

Just picked up a 83 40' Newell Classic .Not sure what number it is but i did find the vin tag, weight and such just left of the entry door. This is my very first coach or any rv at that. Found it for sale in Miami OK. about 1 mile away from the factory and 1.5hr from my house. Im the 3rd owner. They took very very good care of this rig it has every service and repair record from 83 till now and gobs of documents The interior is in almost perfect shape cept for a few very minor things that i need to repair. It has 70+ cabinets inside so no shortage of storage lol. Outside and mechanically its about the same story. Put all new tires on it day i got it since they were from 1999 lol and did some normal mechanical maintenance and took it on a 500mile trip dry camped for 3 days and plugged up for 3 days. No major issues there even towed my 6klbs jeep jku with ease. Im very surprised with the build quality and shape this thing is in for being 35 years old i looked at some other coaches (non Newell) the were much much more than this and 20 years newer and they were not near the quality and shape of this Newell. It has a 6v92t and 5sp allison with 151k miles 12.5kw gen with 1600hrs on it. I still need to repair a few things that im having a hard time finding replacements for and of course ive already started upgrading a few items and also make it handle a little better. It is Labor of love for sure plus Im a electrician and mechanic by trade so it should be easy for me to take care of most items but this is a different beast. 
Glad to be apart of the Newell family

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome aboard! You seem to have the same opinion of SOB coaches that I have. Although even brand new ones that we've seen, the quality of materials and workmanship just don't quite measure up to our 1992 Newell. Plus, you still have Newell emergency support available to you. Very nice pics BTW.

wow, it looks really nice. welcome to the guru gang

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Super Sweet!

You have a great looking coach.

Please post when you fix or upgrade things. Even if you don't need help, it does help others who may have the same issue.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Wonderful find! Welcome.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congratulations and welcome to the Newell family.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Wow, great looking coach. Congratulations, appears to be in really nice shape.
Welcome, there are some really smart and experienced people on this site. I've found a lot of questions answered by searching the forums. It's a great archive of fix info. Posting a question is a great option also.
Love your pictures - well done!!

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Nice coach!
Post what you are looking for, you never know - someone here may have already found a current source. Cool

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Welcome, and thank you for posting so many pictures. Great to have another Classic owner on the forum. I thought I was looking at pictures of my '82 for a second there.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thanks guys
Got to wait 3 more weeks to get back home to start upgrading some more.
So far i upgraded the tv up front with a 43'' led fit perfect not to big or small as u can see in the pics.
Next im going add a 10'' double din tablet radio with back up cam and side cameras in place of the original back-up camera monitor, this will also go to my receiver for sound thru out and main tv for video

Stray Hound
1983 Newell Classic 40'
6v92t 5sp Allison