You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leveling system

Trying to get my leveling system working . I start coach build air press air 2 times and coach levels I shut coach off when 110 compressor comes on the front of the coach raises up the only way to stop compressor is to shut off leveling system

Roger1 coach#588 2001 triple slide 45.8 

Roger,

The best way to diagnose the problem is to break it into chunks. To do this lets figure out a few things....

1). Does the coach stay level with the key on and engine running (and leveling system off)? If so, the airbags are probably not leaking.

2). Have you measured the clearance from the ground to the frame members at the four corners? Mine are around 11.5” at each corner give or take 1/2”.

3). When you say the front raises....do both sides raise equally?

4). Crib the coach and look under the coach right in front of drivers seat. The front six pack should be there. In auto level mode with key off do you hear air?

Answers to these questions will help isolate the problem.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Front comes up level coach sets level when in travel mode . I will look under the front right thanks for help was not sure where the leveling system was.

Ok, so I looked up and found the leveling manifold there are 2 connectors that are not plugged together. The guy how had this coach before me did some crazy things so not sure if he unplugged them or just the way it should be ?

On my coach ... I was at Newell getting ready to leave and the front was way to high in travel mode so they disconnected on connector and it settled to correct height. So that may or may not be right. Can you hear air in auto level mode? May be hard to hear with compressor running.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

probably what is not plugged in is the low pressure sensors. it will work fine without them being there or plugged in.

there are two on the front six pack and one on the rear six pack. my rear one was not there for years. i did replace it last year

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I will follow the wires to se where they go. Travel mode all works as it should. With engine running will level as it should the only problem is when the 110 compressor turns on the front will keep rising. If the leveling system is on and in operation the 110 compressor is running even with the 110 switch off.