You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Muffler

Has anyone replaced there muffler? On my 2001 someone has hit something dose not seem to be leaking but the dent is driving me crazy.

Roger1 coach#588 2001 triple slide 45.8 

mine has a big dent and and cant see it if i am standing up and 10 feet away

looks good to me

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=1370

Search engines are your friend.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes, I replaced mine a few years ago. It had rusted through, so it was either a patch or replacement. I had no luck finding an exact match anywhere but through Newell. The hanging brackets were different on the one I received, but not too hard to modify and make it work. I would suggest sending a dimensional sketch to Newell if you go that way. You don't want to have to return a muffler!

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I will call Newell have them on my speed dail! Just like to have things as they were when new.

Roger1 coach#588 2001 triple slide 45.8 

Mine was badly dented a few years back.  Called Newell and they had one for $900, but I had it rebuilt in Mexico for $90.  Such a deal.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

When muffler goes, install a resonator. Works great and engine loves them. Not as much back pressure.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

My muffler never made it back on after the repower, 4’ of straight pipe and a nickel plated downturn elbow coming out under the back bumper.  It seems to let the heat out better, it can’t be heard from the front; and, if I happen to pass a guy on a Harley, all the better....

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

I just had my muffler welded up after finding a hole and pricing out replacements.

As mentioned, Newell wants about $900.

Outside of Newell, I did find the Donaldson part number M120235 seems to fit the dimensions on our 2000. However from the only actual picture/diagram of what is supposedly that muffler, the input port is on the opposite side (left to right) than what's on the coach. Guy at the muffler & welding shop said that the solution there is for them to cut a new hole on the correct side and weld on an input port and weld over the original input port. I found the Donaldson for about $500, so cheaper the from Newell and probably still a couple hundred cheaper after moving the port.

The weld repair ran $110.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO