You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Cover

I don't have a covered storage option for my coach.  It is located on the banks of a lake and under a canopy of hackberry trees.  All kinds of rules would have to be broken to remove any of the tress, so that is not going to happen.  Every fall and for a period of about 5 to 6 weeks the tiny hackberry aphids, which look like snow falling, poop all over everything under the trees as they devour the leaves..  It is not a pretty sight.   In especially bad years the coach is almost black in areas that should be white.  It does come off with lots of elbow grease or a sizable check to my detailer.

I now spend that portion of the year onboard my boat, so a RV cover is an option.  I am sure the cover would be a mess, but if I could get a few seasons out of one it would pay off I think.

This is my way of asking the gurus about any experience you have had with covering your RV.  I am also open to opinions that it is just a bad idea.  Cover manufacturers that have worked for you would be appreciated.

I have treated the tress in the spring with some success.  That is not an inexpensive option either.

Thanks - Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Would this be an option?

https://www.alansfactoryoutlet.com/rv-carport

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

No - that would not be permitted in the campground. I don't have a place for anything like that. Thanks - Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I have covered my coach. I did not secure the cover tightly. I have clear coat damage at the corners. If I cover again I will put shrink wrap or something else on the corners before putting the cover on

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )