You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash light

On my coach the red level light stays on when the key is on or running. Not sure what the light is for?

Roger1 coach#588 2001 triple slide 45.8 

It usually means one of two things. The first and most common is that someone has unplugged one of the three pressure sensors at the six packs. Or the slide locking pins have not locked.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

richard, on mine, if the pressure switches were unplugged, it did not cause a level light. i ran for years without the rear pressure switch with no issues. i did finally put one in. it is always the slide pins not going down for me.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I just did experiment.

I have valid slides (no locking pins) but I have HWH leveling system.

If I have key on (engine running or not) AND I have HWH leveling system in "Air" mode. The level light comes on.

If I go into travel mode (HWH system off)....the light goes out.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

ok, what is air mode

tom

Thanks for the info my slide on the pass side the bottom does not look like it is all the way in so maybe the pins are not locked but I do have two plugs unhooked on the front six pack not sure were they go going to follow the wires .

those are for the two low pressure sensors that either are in the six pack or taken out and plugged.

the idea is if the airbags dont have much if any air in them, the sensors pick that up and give you an indication that you dont have air in them. in mine, it turns the level light on or turns off the travel light....dont remember which right now. . they only trigger when the pressure is low. so if they are unplugged, the hwh computer thinks they are ok.

tom

Makes sense. Just trying to get this coach back to everything working. I am a full timer so have a lot of free time. Going to call Newell today to try and figure out why the front keeps rising when the 110 compressor turns on. I think the up solenoid is staying open. This happens with the leveling system on or off.

there are some things you can try before you call newell.

1. a simple test to see if a solenoid is energized, thus allowing air to pass. just take a washer or a smallish screwdriver and see if the end of the solenoids are energized by if it sticks to it from magnetism. if so, that solenoid is getting power and is open. if a single raise solenoid is open, it will only raise one side. so if both are going up, then it would be one or both of the travel solenoids.

2. second, are you in auto level mode on the hwh control panel? if so, and the front is leaking down, it will keep trying to raise itself up

3. break the problem into chunks and just work on a small section at a time.

--electrical
--air

my two cents worth

tom

If the front rises above travel heght when parked with leveling on or off, but no "travel" light showing then both "up" solenoids are open. If they are mechanically stuck open, or even one of them, then when in the "travel" mode I would expect to have air discharging from the
leveling valve centered over the front axle since in travel mode the axle leveling valve will need to discharge the excess air coming through the open 6pack valve.

If the "up" valve (s) are actively energized to open by the control box then a volt meter will verify that. If that is the case, then it's anyone's guess if they are also energized or not when in the travel mode. If they are energized when that is not commanded, then the control box circuits have malfunctioned. Personally, I would start by checking voltage at the "up" solenoids to see if they are energized only because I think it is unlikely for both "up" valves to mechanically seize in the open position at the same time, and for it to be those two valves and only those two. It is unlikely though not impossible. If it is just one one those valves seized open, then the odds it's mechanical increase.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed