You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Passed my generator exam!

Today I got a chance to put my generator training that Gordon gave us at Bella Terra to good use.  This is a Power Tech 10kw with an Isuzu Diesel engine.
Driving home Saturday it quit after 3 hours running.  Would start but shutdown after a few minutes.  Today it would shut down a couple seconds after starting.  Fan was ok, oil level ok, coolant level ok (overflow bottle was low but radiator tank was full).
When it would call for preheat and the fuel pump starts I found the pump was not getting 12 VDC and not working.  So after talking with Gordon he helped me to figure out it was either the relay or the fuel pump.  I jumpered 12 VDC to the pump and it worked so I changed the relay.  Started up and ran 1-1/2 hours.  Turned it off and started again ok.  Ran it with both air conditioners running for 2 hours and no problems.  
I'll run it again a few more times over the next couple weeks to make sure I didn't overlook another problem.
This is just one instance of the incredible value and knowledge you can pick up at one of the Guru Rallies.
Thanks again Gordon!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You,re welcome Forest,  you’re a good student.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567