You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the Newell Forum

Hi all! Thank you for letting us non-Newell owners join! We just sold our 99 Foretravel and have been on the fence about purchasing another Foretravel or considering buying a Newell. After Grandpa's "Foretravel vs. Newell" thread (and your responses) I am looking hard at Newell but would be most interested in other insightful articles/comments about Newells. Our challenge is that I think we need one with a steerable tag because of the length of the coach and the already tight turns required on our property but that may break our budget... Does Newell have good build years and less desirable build years (like Foretravel)? Because Newells are all custom builds, how did you determine fair value when purchasing your coach? Thanks very much for your help. Perhaps this should be in another thread but I am not very good at using forums. I apologize in advance for my online ignorance...

Walt, Dawn & Matt Bates (Dolly & Hank the Std Poodles)
99 U320 Foretravel (club #17977), 08 Honda CRV
Always interested in learning how to maintain & sharing what I know about these great coaches
Magnolia, TX.

WEB, welcome. when i was searching for a newell product I called the sales force at newell and flat asked if the deal was good and did they know the coach.. give that a try. for me, honest folks and helpful..heck I'd sell you mine. Have a great day.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

welcome to the guru gang. you asked some very broad questions. and of course we all have our opinions. i have had two newells, but also love any quality coach. including foretravels.

value question......the newells have no book value as you know. so it is basically worth what you think it is worth to you. there are good deals and not as good deals....asking newell about history on a coach or what they know about it is good....if it was at newell recently. asking them for value i dont know as i have never done it and i try to not buy from dealers and would rather buy from private parties....but others like the assurance of buying from newell or another retailer.

i dont think there are years that have less issues than others. features is a different thing. steerable tags started in 2004 in some coaches.

just try and educate yourself as much as you can. ask questions here. but the question of is coach number xxxx a good deal at some dollar amount will not prove very fruitful. there are so many things about value.

my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks for your input. I will keep looking, reading up on Newells and planning a trip to Miami, OK.

Walt, Dawn & Matt Bates (Dolly & Hank the Std Poodles)
99 U320 Foretravel (club #17977), 08 Honda CRV
Always interested in learning how to maintain & sharing what I know about these great coaches
Magnolia, TX.