You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Info on odd '90 on eBay

I saw this rather odd '90 on eBay and wondered if anyone had any history on the unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-Newe...v4exp=true

Mike M.

1995 Newell Series 60

with the high genny hours and observation deck and lounge in the rear, must have been a race coach.

kinda odd the tv's have not been upgraded.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hard to tell from pics but it looks clean. Wonder what it would cost to refurb with a bed etc. I can't tell from my phone looking at this if the bathroom is complete with a sink and shower. Plenty of room for stuff with the observation deck/luggage rack!

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Tom's 02 had the rear sofas, and I think he built a bed, night stands, headboard, etc. Maybe he can chime in with some cost ideas.

My guess ---- it's time consuming and that transfers into money unless you can do it yourself.

But it would be nice when you're finished.Big Grin

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

my 02 had a super long curved sectional couch on the slide out side and a desk on the opposite side.

i am not complete yet and have a cabinet maker lined up to do the nightstands, but other things have made is so i have not completed it yet.

we made a newell style bed that is laminated with a hinged top. we made it wayyy stronger and beefier than the regular newell bed so i know how we would lighten it up next time if i had to have it done. a craftsman buddy of mine made the bed. i have a electric linear actuator to lift the bed platform up but have not put it in yet either.

my day job really gets in the way of getting all this stuff done... ha

i wold say if you paid someone, you would spend at least 10k to have it done and alot more i would guess if newell did it.

i would guess i will have about 2000 plus alot of time in it. in addition there is another 1600 in new 42" lg 3d tv, blu ray player and yamaha home theatre receiver and video gear. thanks to michael day for installing the tv for me....

and no one would be able to tell if it was done at the factory or not.

it is not for the faint of heart. you will also have to refurb the walls and floor where you take things out.

tom

I may be totally wrong but I think that is the same coach that a bus dealer in Nashville had for sale 3 or 4 years ago. It was black at the time, so it has new paint. Looked like a race oriented rig at the time.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That coach has a tub and extra kitchen counter space which are typically not ordered by race teams yet no dining area and no awnings but brackets that would be likely support a tent. It certainly has high generator usage for its mileage so, I agree with Richard, it was likely a race team hospitality coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

agreed, just like mine was....

tom

Our 94 has the same set up as it was also a Nascar coach when new, being built for the private use of team owner and Ganassi partner Felix Sabatis. We actually have come to enjoy the oversized bed those 2 rear couches make and we also have a very nice sitting area for those TV parties. The only drawback we have found is having to crawl over the bed, when it's made up, to get to the rear closets or electrical panel, which is not very often. If you're tall like me, it makes a very comfortable alternative!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue