You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

washer/dryer removal

DW has decided the washer/dryer combo needs to be replaced with a full sized fridge. How does the unit attach? and any idea as to how to remove it? Neither works at the moment, but the washer still has water in it. Thanks in advance, Mark

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

(06-06-2018, 07:16 AM)Little Wrote:  DW has decided the washer/dryer combo needs to be replaced with a full sized fridge. How does the unit attach? and any idea as to how to remove it? Neither works at the moment, but the washer still has water in it. Thanks in advance, Mark

Need more information.....what type of washer/dryer do you have?  Combo unit, stackable?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I didn't realize there were options in '86. Has a 1 piece unit with dryer on top in a closet rearward from fridge. I could get it put by wrecking the unit but could be trouble if she changes her mind. I believe its a Kenmore but bus is in the city getting a steering box. Mark

Mark and Marian

1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

i guess i dont understand. why not take the propane fridge out and put in an apartment size fridge. i did that on my 90 with a bit of work but it turned out fine.

the washer dryer area will not be wide enough to put in even an apartment sized fridge

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Washer/Dryer haven't worked so we have done without, never really needed so DW thinks they should go. A full size fridge will fit, but now she's thinking a smaller fridge up and cupboard below. We have some yeti coolers that store in the bay that keep ice for a week, so I am not sure we need any more cold storage but ???

I will need to gain access no matter what to trouble shoot as I haven't been able to get very far in repairs.

Mark and Marian

1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

We pulled our stacked unit and it was fairly simple, few bolts and wood screw, just a pain to get it slid out when you could barely get a finger behind it. lol

1996 45' Coach 409      Formally owned by a rock star.

60 Series DDEC III, tuned, No Limit Manifold, S475 turbo and Fluidampr

Purchased wrecked, currently redoing all interior and RF wreck damage.