You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Travel mode failure rear bags

Yes I mean to somehow provide 12v power to the solenoids. There are numerous ways of doing this. but first put a steel washer to the solenoid to make sure you don’t have power.

Second, I have see two coaches in the last year that would not lift the rear simply
Because the air system was not putting out a high enough pressure. Both coaches needed about 125 to
Lift the rear. The situation was compounded because the guage in the rear compartment was reading low. Put a new gauge on a quick disconnect fitting and plug into the air port to confirm you have the pressure that you think you have

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

a couple of things, had a repair guy look at it first. He”knew” what he was doing. Well he thought there was a bad connection. Long story short he totally tried to retire the 6 pack.. the problem was the sensor but he didn’t listen. So I had a mess when he left. Cut wires not hooked up wires just a cluster. He was gonna return never did. So I realized after the fact, read the manual. You can “force “ it to travel mode which I would have done bu the disconnected wires made that impossible. So the solution was to take the 2 airlines from the hcv’s ,they run to two solenoids at the end opposite the feeder lines to the bags . And they have a constant air supply. I then connected them directly to the feeder lines, thereby bypassing the 6 pack all together. It worked was able to get down the road. And the hcv’s functioned normally. ..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I had something like that not long ago. i call Lucas at Valid and the walked me through settingmand helped trouble shoot. helpful..

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster