You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCAM? 1980 in SLC

https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/rvs/...75722.html $6000
It shows also for $35,000 in North Carolina
On cars.com
https://carscoms.com/other/1980-newell-39ck-69828.html

I don't think there is any question that the Salt Lake City ad is a scam. Be Careful Out There!! The photos do not look like they were taken in Salt Lake City either.

Based on the VIN, I would think that might be a 1979 model rather than a 1980. The only 1980 Newell I know the VIN used the 17 digit VIN and this one uses the format Newell used during the 1970's. The 17 digit VIN (which for Newell always begins with 1N9) was mandatory beginning in 1981 but a number of vehicle manufacturers, including GM and Chrysler and I believe Newell, started using it with the 1980 model year.

That is one nice looking Classic!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Listen to Michael, I did follow up on the same coach and received some nice pictures. It turned out to be one of those deals where they offer it for sale on Ebay with buyer protection. It's usually a deal where someone has died and they need to sell it to pay bill's etc..

To me the price appeared to be too low and the transaction was way to complicated. Before I bought my 75 I found a great price on what looked to be a great deal. Same MO. I offered to pay cash at the nearest bank or attorney of their choice,  never heard a peep from the seller.

Good luck on your search.

I remember when the 1997 463 coach was for sale for 30k. Tried to get Marcia to go for it at the time. No joy. She's a big fan of the M and M adds, I thought it was a no brain-er. Not sure it would fit in my drive anyway. 

There are some good deals out there from time to time. Just figure out what your budget will bear then be ready when the right deal comes up. A number of people suggested I spend more. I can't say I'm disappointed in what I ended up with. It sure has required many more hour's of work then I thought. Long story short - I'll probably end up spending the same money not including all the time.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Nice job on finding the real listing. I didn't see that one.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea