You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Genset temps VERY hot while driving

Today while heading south on I-25 from Wyoming to Pueblo CO. The generator ran great for hours. At some point my wife smelled something hot or burning. I looked up and the gen was around 196. It usually runs in the 170 range. It reached 200 before we shut it down. We continued on for another few hours. When we stopped, I looked at it and noticed the over flow reservoir was at full mark when we left and Now was 1/2 between full and add. Still in ok range but lower than when we started. I need to add that I replaced the radiator cap In Spearfish, and topped off the coolant. The old radiator cap just looked old and tired. I did not start the generator yet because we needed the air conditioning because the dash air was intermittent, so it was a hot couple of hour ride, and we wanted to just cool off on shore power. The belt was still on the blower.

I will start the gen in the morning, and decide if I want to run it again on our run tomorrow. Or wait till we are parked for a month in Pagosa Spring, CO to address.

What temp is the auto shutdown supposed to engage?
Ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

i think it is around 230 degrees. look in your manual if you have one for the genny. it will say. mine has a powertech 20kw

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH