You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coleman Thermostat

Hey got a question!  My rear Air conditioner will not shut off, unless I turn the breaker off!
Could the Thermostat be Bad?

Thx

Charles B.

If it is getting too cold, I would suspect the thermostat. If the AC is running all the time and not bringing the temperature down to the shut off point, then the AC unit, rather than the thermostat is the suspect.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I would suspect a relay on the control board has arched and is welded closed.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(06-10-2018, 01:46 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  If it is getting too cold, I would suspect the thermostat. If the AC is running all the time and not bringing the temperature down to the shut off point, then the AC unit, rather than the thermostat is the suspect.

Yes it gets real cold and does not shut off at the set temp, or when I move the temp up it still runs, so I ordered another thermostat, will replace tomorrow!

Thx

Charles B.

That is one of the least expensive of the issues you could have. Let us know if that takes care of it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(06-10-2018, 02:18 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  I would suspect a relay on the control board has arched and is welded closed.
Russ

Hey Russ, I replaced the Thermostat and its still doing the same thing, will not shut off unless I turn the breaker off, you mentioned a relay on a control board?  Do you know where that would be located?
I appreciate all the help!

Thx

Charles B.

Look for the indoor section of the AC. On top of the indoor box will be a small silver box with a rubber bungee. The circuit board is in that silver box

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-14-2018, 04:34 AM)Richard Wrote:  Look for the indoor section of the AC. On top of the indoor box will be a small silver box with a rubber bungee. The circuit board is in that silver box

Thanks for the Help!

Charles B.

Our indoor boxes are located underneath the dinette seats.