You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS fan motor

Joe, were you able to pinpoint when the noise occurred? if you are hearing mechanical noises, clanging and banging , and the fan is fine, I would look at the compressor next.  Motor, motor mounts, piston, connecting rod... a number of things inside the compressor that could create a commotion. 

Obviously though, in this scenario the noise would only occur when the compressor was running.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

I have a that noise upon start up in one unit. It lasts about 2 seconds and goes away. I have had the unit part twice with no luck in pinpointing the noise. No signs of either squirrel cage hitting. I am only guessing now that one of the many sheet metal pieces is resonating as th blowers come on.

While you have the unit out measure the amperage on both compressors and both blowers. Should be between 10 and 14 on the comps and under two on the blowers. Anything higher than that may require further investigation

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-16-2018, 03:49 PM)Deper10 Wrote:  It looks like the fan motor in my front basement A/C unit has gone out. I have an A/C tech helping me with the repair but not sure if he can find a fan motor, any advice?
I also mentioned the relays you guys have been installing and he will also help install them once we get the unit working. I also want to know if anyone has changed their SCS units to a newer brand. Due to beautiful ceiling details, roof tops are out.

Thanks

Dario Perini

#581  2001 45'8" double slide
2005 Mini John Cooper Works toad
1999 BMW R1100RT
2007 Harley Ultra             Newell gets them from grainger

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

It is possible that the problem is a bad capacitor. I guess worse case senario, you end up with an extra fan motor. Check it before you toss it.

Life is what you make it.

(05-28-2018, 04:02 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  My Dometic basement condensor units exhaust out the bottom blowing the hot air unto the ground. Where do the exhaust ducts vent on the SCS unit?

Out the bottom.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

(05-28-2018, 06:32 PM)Joe Galowitch Wrote:  
(05-28-2018, 04:02 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  My Dometic basement condensor units exhaust out the bottom blowing the hot air unto the ground. Where do the exhaust ducts vent on the SCS unit?

Out the bottom.

I believe I have found the problem. It seems that the piece of tin that covers the grate in front of the unit was making the noise as it had moved. Ac running on the ground all is good so tomorrow I will refasten the tin thanks for the help about exhausting to the ground.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide