You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1993 ???

I've talked to the owner, he insists it IS a 1993; I thought the last of the classic bodystyle was 1989???

https://monroe.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1993...07702.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

YOU FOUND THE UNICORN!! That is #317 and yes, it is a 1993. It is the ONLY classic built after 1989. It was registered in Wilmington, DE in June of 1992 with 15,668 miles and has been registered in West Monroe, LA since at least 2013. I have talked to Pat Dwyer about that coach several times. The person that had it built wanted the Classic body style. Even though Newell had not built that body style since #212, the last 1989, they were still able to meet his request. I wonder if that is the original exterior colors! The interior looks original but I am somewhat surprised with those interior colors being built with those exterior colors. That interior would be an excellent match for the exterior paint on Dean's #316 which was built for the Steve Miller Band.

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(06-11-2018, 09:08 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  YOU FOUND THE UNICORN!! That is #317 and yes, it is a 1993. It is the ONLY classic built after 1989. It was registered in Wilmington, DE in June of 1992 with 15,668 miles and has been registered in West Monroe, LA since at least 2013. I have talked to Pat Dwyer about that coach several times. The person that had it built wanted the Classic body style. Even though Newell had not built that body style since #212, the last 1989, they were still able to meet his request. I wonder if that is the original exterior colors! The interior looks original but I am somewhat surprised with those interior colors being built with those exterior colors. That interior would be an excellent match for the exterior paint on Dean's #316 which was built for the Steve Miller Band.

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!

Hmmmmm, so if a guy were looking to buy a classic, this one might be a pretty cool one, huh?  Smile

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Definitely a unique Newell!!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

contact steve magown. he lives in west monroe. i bet he might go look at it for you. he knows our newells very well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(06-12-2018, 04:34 PM)encantotom Wrote:  contact steve magown.  he lives in west monroe.  i bet he might go look at it for you.  he knows our newells very well.  

tom

I called earlier today, there is already a deposit on the coach. Sounds like it’s going to Alabama.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Just curious...seems like in the older coaches this vintage, the dinette is on the passenger side. A few years later, the dinette went to the driver's side on pretty much every coach I've seen till the 2000's. Anyone have an idea?

Life is what you make it.

(06-13-2018, 11:09 AM)propjock Wrote:  Just curious...seems like in the older coaches this vintage, the dinette is on the passenger side. A few years later, the dinette went to the driver's side on pretty much every coach I've seen till the 2000's. Anyone have an idea?

I’m going to guess and say: Because Newell’s are Custom built. They are wherever. I’ve seen no typical dinette at all and just a table and rocker chair. I can not see a pattern, whatever the customer wanted he got. My 1986 has the dinette on the drivers side

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

my 90 had it on the drivers side. my 02 had it on the drivers side (now it is a desk)

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It is obvious that this one would be unique but just as you think you know which items were almost universal during a specific time period up pops the exceptions.

Many that design their own Newell base it on what is popular at that time then add their own touches. Some however, are either attached to a feature that was popular years earlier or have an idea for something new and untried. Many of those new/untried items become standard in future years as others agree it was a great idea!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com