You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine does not turnover

"I think 24037 is the one I will use."

Did you install the new starter solenoid?  All is well?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hello Richard

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Yes. Installed that part number. In Canada with very limited interweb access. All is well with starting.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ok Gurus  here is another no crank problem. New battery’s but is has been sitting forever so we charged batteries good load test but no crank. Tried starting from rear still no crank. Able to start with remote jumper starts fine.there doesn’t seem to be juice at the relay. I will check for a neutral relay but indicator shows neutral.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

start with a voltmeter at the starter and work your way back.

another thing that happened to me once is one of the big fuses on the battery was blown. so each battery showed good but no start.

is there power at the merge relay on both sides?

just break it into chunks and test each chunk.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Ok will do I will check merge solenoid, which was a god thing as we we’re poking around we found that one post was about 1 turn from falling off. That would have been a fire for sure. Anyhow thanks I will get busy soon.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell

Thanks to the guys at Newell we have the problem fixed. It turns out the toggle switch in the rear for the run was bad, it seems to be a common problem so now I know.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell