You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New here!

Hi to all,

My Newell (#335) was acquired from a friend a few years back He was racing
cars, but when that ended he didn't use the coach any longer, so I bought it.

We did a few trips, loved it, but got busy in other areas so it sat... I just fired
her back up (new batteries needed of course) and am working to get her back
on the road.

I don't know much about her original history, first owner etc. so if you have pointers
to that kind of info, let me know.   I look forward to being in the Newell Community !

peace,

Doug

Newell #335 
Assorted Mercedes Diesels 
1983 MB G-Wagon 240GD
1991 MB 350 SDL (daily driver) 300k miles 
Assorted MB UNIMOGS 

I am a relative Newell Newbie

Welcome Doug. I split your post off to a new thread so it will get more visibility. I don't have hardly any information on your coach. It is a 1993 that is 45'0" long. There were only 3 1993's built after your coach as the last 1993 was #338.

In your quest for information, I would start with a call to Newell. They should be able to supply you with a copy of the original floorplan which should give some basic information on the coach including who it was built for. I suspect, unless your coach is very unusual, it has a Detroit Diesel 8V92 turning out 500 hp. The engine will be painted silver. You likely have the Allison HT740 or HT741 electronic transmission, probably the 741 as it was in use by #337. Your Newell is a model 2000. In 1993, they offered front caps with either low mounted or mid mounted headlights.Generator is likely either a 17.5kw or 20kw if you have a residential style electric refrigerator or a 12.5kw if you have a Norcold RV style refrigerator.

Post some photos, we would love to see your coach and hear what you know about it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome Doug. I have coach 337, a shorter version of yours at 39 ft but probably similar in many ways. There is so much to learn from this site that it is worthwhile to spend hours reading what's here, it will pay off in the future.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed