You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Handicap accessible newell

(07-15-2018, 03:42 PM)austinswalk Wrote:  Thanks so much thats all good information to have. I may be calling Mel to possibly go and see. Amy my wife like you thinks she would rather have a shorter coach so we can fit in to more places. I would rather have the room lol! Hum not exactly sure how all this will go just yet but something is going to happen before to long. I would truly hate to give up my newell quality having to go to a smaller coach. What did you buy? Thanks againSmile

Robert, the problem with shorter coaches is they do not have side entry.  Most coaches in the class A category have front entry.  Class C of course have side but are smaller.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

For what it's worth,I was told that the principle behind Braun lifts, www.braunability.com  had installed a lift in his personal Newell coach.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

I know of at least two Newell coaches he built with his lifts on them as he was in a wheelchair.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(07-16-2018, 05:29 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  I found three more that at least at some point in the past 10 years had a wheelchair lift:

#707, a 2004 also had a wheelchair lift when it was for sale back in 2009.
#686, a 2004 listed a wheelchair platform lift in December of 2015.
#576, a 2001 3 slide had a Braun Wheelchair Lift as of 2011

Thanks Micahael!

(07-17-2018, 10:17 AM)Guy Wrote:  For what it's worth,I was told that the principle behind Braun lifts, www.braunability.com  had installed a lift in his personal Newell coach.

Thanks!

Robert Austin 2004 model 460 #707 46’ 10”

(07-17-2018, 10:17 AM)Guy Wrote:  For what it's worth,I was told that the principle behind Braun lifts, www.braunability.com  had installed a lift in his personal Newell coach.

Thanks!

(07-15-2018, 03:37 PM)austinswalk Wrote:  
(07-15-2018, 11:34 AM)qcj Wrote:  Robert, the coach at MOT was owned by me for over 5 years and was a good coach.  The coaches first owner was handicapped and the second owner had an handicapped daughter.  Before he sold it he had the chair lift taken out and steps installed.  The inside is built for the handicapped, such as the bath room door is extra large and the controls are lower for the A/H, blowers, etc. and of course the out side door is extra large at about 42" wide.  It worked great for replacing the frig.  My wife and I are not handicapped, but we really enjoyed the coach.  It has been garage stored most of its life and I never had any major problem.  I installed new all new 8 batteries and the tires are up to date, except for the tags.  They are the only ones that should be replaced unless MOT has already done it.  I traded it to MOT and do not own the coach.  The reason and the only reason I traded it was to down size.  I am 80 years old and needed something smaller and more fitting to our way of life.  I now have a 36'.  If I can answer any questions please let me know and Mel at MOT knows the coach very well.  I bought this coach from him in 2012.  The coach's # is 505.

Hi, couple of questions are ther air conditions cruise air and did they cool really well or just ok? I understand that control boards are no longer available for cruise airs but are possibly rebuildable.  The slide outs I assume go in in and out ok and sealed up good? Thanks for your time, Robert 

The ac units are SCS not cruise air. They work fine. There is solution to the control board issue on this forum

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )