You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell accident near the plant

Attempt to post this information. Hope I'm smart enough to include the screen shot.

And it didn’t roll on it’s side. !!! Thanks to a low CG? I wonder how that happened...

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Wow. We were on that road, twice, last week...glad no injuries. Must have just drifted off road...no shoulder per locals.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Looks like # 1406.  A 2010 for sale at Newell.  Nice coach!  Nice wood floors!.

http://www.newellcoach.com/newell-coaches/coach-1406/

2011 Newell # 1413
2013 Entegra Anthem (sold)

I don't believe it's 1406.

Robert

Look at the graphics and tail lights same as 1406 except it appears to have dealer tag on it.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Given the frequency with which forum posts appear in search engine results, I believe it's important to avoid putting potential misinformation out there. With that in mind, I spent more time on this than any rational person should after enlarging the images on side by side monitors. The graphics are, indeed, very similar, but when I view the accident image, I see red/maroon tones in the tail graphics (Photoshop's color selector also shows reds). 1406 does not appear to include any red/maroon. Colors can be deceiving, though, due to reflections, white balance, and such, so I looked for more definitive clarification. I see some undeniable differences in the side graphics. The easiest difference to point out is the light colored sweep below the rear window on 1406 does not extend beyond the upper light colored sweep as it does on the coach in the accident. From what I can see, I feel confident that 1406 was not the coach in the accident.

In other Miami News-Record photos, I'm glad they caught the guy who burglarized and burned down the shoe store run by 103 year old Dena Ander while we were there.

Robert