You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Somewhere, my father is having a good laugh

(08-05-2018, 03:40 PM)ron skeen Wrote:  Hi Kev,

I have had 3 Newell, 89,96, & 04. I was in the building business for over 50 years and I built a garage for my 40' thinking I would never have anything any longer. That didn't happen because my 96 was 45' and the garage was only 44 ft. My garage was built on a slope with a filled slab that was about 6ft out of the ground in the rear. What I did was build a 10' deck at the rear wall of the garage and move the wall out and installed a shed roof. The rear wheels stay on the slab with the coach hanging over. This has worked for me. I have had five motorhomes with the first ones being an Tiffin Allegro Bus and then Gulf Stream. Then for the last 16 years have been Newells.

Ron,

Three Newells speaks to the loyalty to the brand. That certainly inspires confidence.

That was excellent problem solving with your garage. My detached garage is built into a hill and is the shape of an “L” with a two car garage on the right and the 42’ ft deep section on the left. A short driveway goes up and around the left side of the structure to reach a small apartment above the two car garage section.  Unfortunately, there is no pushing back to create more room so I either buy something 40’ or shorter or hang out of the front, unable to close the large garage door. 

i built my garage 70 foot deep and i wish it was another 20 feet deep. ya just fill up what you have

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hey Ken.

Extend your garage on the front?

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

To keep with your 40 foot criteria you might also look at foretravel, wander lodge, and country coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My 2 cents. I've had a 39' and 45' Newell and enjoyed both of them. Fulltimed in the 45' for a couple years.
However as life evolves we now have a 36' Foretravel. If Newell would make a 36' we'd probably have one.
The FT is much simpler (I'm talking of late 90's to early 2000's) than a Newell and while not built to as high of standard as Newells they are much better built than most all other SOB's. And like Newell they have great factory support.
Worth looking at if you need a 40' or less.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Kevin, I have sent you an email. Rudy

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy, thank you very much for your time and many pearls of wisdom. The search just became a little more interesting.