You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can’t raise the coach to travel height!

This morning I left KOA Lafayette and started hearing a noise so I asked my wife to look outside the window and she told me the wheel was touching the sides, I stopped at a Pilot gas station and sure enough the coach didn’t lift to travel height (we could feel every bump on the road as well).

I went on the engine bay and there was some hissing noise coming out of there, were the valve actuators are and I thought that one of them was leaking air, also the pressure gauge read like 30 (honestly never saw the value when it was working before) I changed the coil from the valve and now I don’t hear the hissing noise but I can’t build pressure and the coach stays down.

The front wheels seem to be just fine.
Things I’ve tried:

Check if the solenoids have power some do, some don’t, not sure how that works (energized builds air?)

Tapped with a screwdriver in case some of them are stuck.

Looked at them really hard like I know what I’m doing!  Big Grin

What else can I do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Not sure yet but I think that changing the valve on the lower right corner fixed it (not sure why) it has been raising slowly now

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Well changing that valve completely did fix the issue that I was having,we got home safe and sound last night at around 4 am after we stop at a truck wash and they cleaned the coach amazingly well (first time I do it)

For a 6000 mile trip I’m in loved with our Newell, can’t say enough good things about it

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Good trip!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )