You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Found new air leak

Hello,
We made from awesome Motorcoach Country Club in Indio,CA to Tucson,AZ and just pulled in to LazyDays RV park ( nice and plenty space )

I noticed new leak around the compressor area ( front coach near the air vent wheel )
Right below the air tank there is small valve like part with ope hole where lots of air coming out! I coud easy put screw in it and be done , but I want to ask first if there was screw and just puped out or it should have open hole and part is bad ? not sure what thsi par is doing ?
I attached soemphotos.

Also, is anyone had positive feedback at LazyDays RV Service, I noticed that there is one here along with Camping World, we will be stying here for 2 months.

Best

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les,

mine doesnt have that valve, so i dont know what it is. hopefully someone else can chime in and help you.

welcome to cold arizona! (cold means having to put on a coat....)

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Les,
My coach doesn't have that valve either. I would call Newell. Hookup with a tech and email him a picture. Then I'm sure he could answer your question.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I could be wrong but it looks like a solenoid valve that is actually plugged on the exit. Les, is that a black plug on the outlet side? Where is it leaking? Air in, valve body, or around the plug?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-07-2013, 06:27 PM)Richard Wrote:  I could be wrong but it looks like a solenoid valve that is actually plugged on the exit. Les, is that a black plug on the outlet side? Where is it leaking? Air in, valve body, or around the plug?

Richard,
Air is leaking out of that round plastic screw like with metal threaded hole ( in first picture on the left ) you might be right , it looks like some sort of selenoid valve!

I will email the image to Newell and see what they say!

I am back to 30 minutes intervals on teh compressor haha! but at night we ran 12V compressor its closer to our bedroom but not as loud!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Les, I have stayed at Lazy Days for many years and it is an excellent facility. As to Lazy Days' service, I have used them twice to repair and install satellite antennas. I recommend them, and suggest you contact Liz, a service rep. They may tell you they are booked for weeks to come, but Liz may try to work you in. Good luck.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Les, my coach is the same year and I cannot find that valve either. However, your third picture is upside down.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Send email with photos to Carlsie & that is what he had to say regarding to our air leak:

You have a check valve @ the end of the 6” round air tank. The black plastic piece is the head pressure relief valve & if the ck. valve is not holding it will leak all the time
Sounds like the Check valve needs to be replaced.
We are staying at Lazy Days in Tucson and I met couple of from Colorado ( Judy & Phil ) with 99 one slide Newell pulling old Porshe 911 they are here as well for 2 months , sold their home and on the road since april , about the same time we started our Jurney! nice to finally see someone with newell here at teh rv park.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

(01-08-2013, 08:36 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Les, I have stayed at Lazy Days for many years and it is an excellent facility. As to Lazy Days' service, I have used them twice to repair and install satellite antennas. I recommend them, and suggest you contact Liz, a service rep. They may tell you they are booked for weeks to come, but Liz may try to work you in. Good luck.

Chetser, Thanks for the tip about the service at Lazy Days , good to know!

So far its nice place here and many nice coaches, I see one 98 from Colorado , nice couple Judy & Phill and brand new 2012 just pulled in , amazing paint skin! I need to take few images and posted

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb